Monday, December 15, 2008

Only Aubrey

I was outside blowing bubbles with Mason, Aubrey was crying in her room. I am still not sure why she was crying. But she comes out if the house with her backpack and tells me that she is moving. (She hasn't learned running away, because we know other families here who have moved.) I asked her to sit down and talk to me for a minute. It went something like this.

So where are you going to go?
My Grandmas house.
Well that is far away, how are you going to get there?
I don't know, fly on the airplane.
OK, what do you have in your backpack?
Books, Scooby Do ball and Kleenex.
Well, what are you going to do for clothing?
I am wearing clothes, mom.
It is about dinner time, what are you going to do for food?
I'll eat at Grandmas house.
It is going to be dark soon, won't you get scared?
I'll sleep on the plane.
OK, how are you going to pay for a plane ticket?
I am going to crawl to it, I don't need money.
Well which plane will you know to take to grandmas house.
The one with the tiger on it, it took me there last time.

If I could laugh right now, I would be dying. Later she told me that we all needed to go because we would miss her, even cookie. Then she changed her mind about cookie and told me that someone else could take care of her while we were gone. A little bit later she told me that she was moving again. This time she was going to "Dads parents house". I told her to go tell Dad. To which she said that she couldn't because he would be mad. So there you have it, Aubrey thinks that she is big enough to fly by herself to Grandma and Grandpa's house (both of them). I don't know where the silly girl would ever get such a thing from.

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

That is so stinkin' funny! Such a drama queen :) She can come move in with me... We can play Barbies and such. Tell her I love and miss her :(

jjensen said...

I miss her too--hope that tigger plane comes to my house!!! Everyone will get a kick out of this --Jenell you did good--kind of like you have some experience in this area!!!
Love you all!

The Steeds said...

How funny. I really enjoyed the full script and it made me laugh. I am very impressed that you were able to keep a straight face during this conversation. Kudos to you. Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!