Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Fun weekend

We had a way cool weekend. It was the space shuttle launch and we decided that we should head down to see it. Richard asked around his class and come to find out that one of the girls dad's works for NASA. So he was able to get us a parking pass for the base. We headed down to Daytona to a big flea market. It was huge, but all we bought were sunglasses. Then we head to Cape Canaveral to meet up this the girl and her dad. They had a pass to go to his office to watch the launch. We had to go in with him because it is only for people who work there or are retired from there. We weren't able to get in with our parking pass, because we were there too early, we could only get in an hour before the launch. So someone brought another pass out to us to get to the office. It is five miles away from where they launch the shuttle. So we were on the roof as it went up. It was so cool and something that was well worth it. After the launch the traffic was crazy so we headed down a little bit further to Cocoa Beach to play. The kids loved it and managed to get all wet. At least I put an extra pair of clothes in for both of them. Someday I might get to the point that I remember to throw in swimming suits. I have pictures and videos of all of this, but I have no idea where they are right now and will have to wait for Richard to help me. But it was one of my favorite days here.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

That must have been awesome!

just me said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! I would like so of the warm weather that you have had- not the cockroaches!!
Jamie